Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gretchen's good week! One of many....


Family!
 
This week was full of miracles and I feel so blessed. As I wrote last week, we prayed for a family and we ended up teaching two new families this past week. One was the one that I wrote about last week. The other was a Harvesting Blessing that we had on Saturday night. That was really a miracle. We were tracting just a few houses and we had no success, again until the last house. The Lord often works that way. :) Then we knocked on the door of this house and they let us in. They told us that we had already talked to them at a gas station a couple of weeks ago, so they knew who we are. We offered to give a Harvesting Blessing and they gladly accepted. After we offered the blessing, one of the two daughters was crying. The mother was explaining her feelings and it was truly the Spirit. We invited them to be baptized, but the father was not very open to that. But we asked if we could come back on Sunday and they agreed. We came back again and had a lesson with them. They have not committed to baptism, mostly because of the father, but we are going to meet with them again this week. The daughter, who is a senior in high school, has a spark in her eye, and you can tell the Spirit is working with her. It may not be the father who is baptized, but his children are feeling and recognizing the Spirit. We are so excited for this family! 
We also had Hannah, who we started teaching last week, commit to be baptized. We taught the Plan of Salvation on Wednesday and after the lesson, Hannah said, "So I didn't give you a clear answer about being baptized on February 17th. But I want you to know I accept the goal." :) We were so excited and are seeing the Spirit work in her. :)
Then Sister Fia, while we were on splits, went and taught the Montiel family. The wife committed to be baptized on February 17th along with one of her sons, who is 8 years old. The father received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday as well. :) We are so excited for this whole family! They are progressing so well and we feel so blessed to be a part of this great work. 
 
Life is good here in Riverside! I love this work and I am so happy to hear all is going well with you! Poul and Mom, who are doing wonderful things as missionaries. I want to keep hearing about Danielle and how she is progressing. :) Poul, where'd you meet her? Is she from Keene? Fill me in a little more on that. I am so excited for her to be reading the Book of Mormon and feeling the Spirit of the Restored Gospel. This truly is the Savior's Church. I know it without a doubt. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. I love to read it! 
 
I love this work. I love serving the Lord. We had multi-zones this past week and it was just what I needed. It was sadly my last multi-zone conference, which is unbelievable to me. Time is going too quickly. I loved the conference though. President Smart emphasized that we need truly act on the feelings that we had at the conference. He compared it to investigators who feel good at lessons, but don't act on the things that are shared. We may have felt good at multi-zones, but if we don't act then it doesn't help us progress. I am excited to act on the things that we learned and reviewed at multi-zones. 
 
Thank you so much for all you love and support. I feel your prayers every day. Thank you for all you do! I love you!
Sister Gretchen Schillemat 

No comments:

Post a Comment