Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Staying put but with a new companion


Hello Family!
So it was transfers this last week and I didn't leave! YAY! But sadly, Sister Fia left, but my new companion is Sister BOYD! She is from Maryland and I lived with her when I was in Riverside. I probably told you all about her and she is amazing! I never thought we would have the chance to be companions, but I am soooo excited! She is a hard worker and she is just a ball of energy and love. We are excited for the work that is going on in the area and know that miracles with continue. I was really sad to see Sister Fia leave, but I know that she will be great with SIster Larsen, who was my MTC companion. :) Sister Fia and Sister Larsen are going to do wonderful things in Corona! Hopefully Sister Fia will be able to come back to some of the baptisms coming up as well!
Life in Jurupa is going well. :) We are seeing lots of miracles and we are excited for all that is in store. Sister Fia and I had three mini-missionaries are Saturday for the day. Let me tell you about one miracle that we saw. I was out with one sister  and we didn't have much success getting in anywhere, but we had a referral to contact. Well this referral was (get ready for this one): Our homeshare's (Monica) daughter's (Alisha) husband's (Brandon) parents. Anyway, we went to the house and it turned out that Alisha and Brandon were actually there, which was perfect! Absolutely a miracle! Brandon is not a member and Alisha is. Brandon has investigated the Church on and off for years. We offered to leave a Harvesting Blessing with them and they accepted. We left a blessing with them and I knew that it was for Brandon, just as much for his parents. We invited Brandon to be baptized and he declined, but it was a good visit nonetheless. It was a miracle that we were there. We went back to our homeshares right after that and told her about it. She talked to her daughter and found out that she was already back home and that they were only there for a short time. It was absolutely the Lord's timing.
We have been so blessed as missionaries. I love this work sooo much! I am excited for all that is ahead.
We have an investigator named Amy, who is on date for March 3rd and she is progressing well. She came to Church again this past week and we are so excited for her. :) Hilda is on date for March 10th and Hannah as well. We are just going to keep working hard!
Congratulations Geoff on BYU-I! Amber's home! I am excited for her!
I know this is the Lord's work! I am so blessed to be a part of it. We talked about Christ-like attributes today in our District Meeting and I am excited to focus on a different attribute of my Savior, Jesus Christ for these next weeks. I have grown in my knowledge and testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and loves us so much. He is aware of our lives and all that we are doing. I know that He can heal us spiritually, emotional, physically. 
I love you all! Have an amazing week! Talk to you soon!
Sister Gretchen Schillemat
This is a picture of Sister Boyd and I four or five months ago at the temple. :)



Gretchen and Sister Gonzales, who often comes along with the sister missionaries.





No comments:

Post a Comment