Monday, February 4, 2013

Ether 12:27


Hello Family,
 
This past week was an interesting one. We had a not so good week for lessons, but here is the highlights.
 
We are teaching Hannah, the girlfriend of a member. She is doing soo well! She is on date for February 17th and came to all of Church yesterday. We are really excited for her!
 
We also continued to teach a family of four this week. We gave them a harvesting blessing a little over a week ago and we had a really good lesson with them. They all could feel the Spirit and were grateful for our visit. We are excited for what is to come.
 
I loved Peder's email today. That was just what I needed to hear. Sometimes we do feel like we are always failing and that we are kind of alone. But we are never alone. We always have the Savior, Jesus Christ, our loving Father in Heaven, and the Holy Ghost. I am so thankful for that. This past week we had one lesson that didn't go as we, I should say, as I, expected. We were on splits that night, so after the lesson I felt like I had really failed. That whole night and the following day it was really bothering me. And I think this was an opportunity for me to learn and to grow. I didn't depend on the Spirit like I should have. I didn't prepare for that lesson like I should have. Although, I wish it didn't have to go that way, I am grateful for that experience because it was an opportunity for me to really change what I am doing to be more prepared in lessons. It was an opportunity for me to see my weaknesses and depend of the Lord more, so that they can become strengths. I am hoping and praying that the next lesson with that family will be more filled with the Spirit and that I will be a better conduit for the Spirit.
 
Missions are hard. But they are the best time of our lives. I am so thankful to be serving a mission. I am so thankful for the people that I meet and the people that I come in contact with. I love this work. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. This is His work.
 
Thank you for your love and support! I love you all! Geoff, Congratulations on being an eagle scout!
Love you all!
Sister Gretchen Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment