Saturday, February 16, 2013

Life is good!


Family!
So excited for Danielle! That is definitely an amazing blessing! I can't wait to see pictures of the baptism. :) I will keep her in my prayers as she continues to take the lessons.
This week was a good week. We taught 20 lessons, which was sooo exciting! Finally. I feel like we are trying to all we can and are more on top of it than in other areas, but it has been a atruggle to get our lessons. It was really exciting to teach so much last week.
We met with a new family this last week. It is three generations in one house. The daughter, Amy, mom, Charlene, and grandma, Pat living together. Well Charlene and Pat are both members of the Church but have been less active for a long time. Amy is not a member, but is so excited about the gospel. We met on Wednesday and Amy was just so excited to be learning. She told us she wants to come to church and she was there on Sunday, for all three hours. She seemed to really enjoy it as well. We are teaching her again on Wednesday and are excited for her.
Life is good as a missionary! I am happy. :)
One thing that I was reading this morning was in Helaman 12. It talks about not setting at naught the guidance and counsel of the Lord. How often in life, do we think that we know what is best for us? Or we want certain things and don't seek the guidance of the Lord? I know that as we seek the Lord's guidance and truly follow it, we are blessed in all things. I know that His plan for us will always bless us, where our plan for ourselves is not guaranteed. I know that the Lord lives and loves us.
Thanks for all you do and all your love. Happy Valentine's Day. :)
Love you,
Sister Gretchen Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment