Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Good week in Jurupa


Family!
 
This week was a great week in Jurupa! Sister Boyd and I were able to teach 20 lessons and have 7 of them with a member-present. OVerall things are going well and life is good!
 
Well, on Friday, President Smart emailed us and told us that California, Redlands  and Rancho Cucamonga are going to becoming a new mission and that in July that will affect us as a mission. There are 58 new missions that were announced throughout the whole world! That is just amazing! I am so excited for this great work! That will definitely change our boundaries quite a bit with these two missions, plus the Carlsbad mission. I will send you President Smart's email and you should check out the website. It is such an amazing time to be a part of this great work. The Lord truly is hastening his work!
 
Amy is progressing so well! WE taught her Saturday, yesterday, and we are teaching her tonight and tomorrow. She is on date for baptism for this Sunday! We are so excited and she is too. She was prepared to hear this message and accept it in her life. On Saturday, she asked, "What way do I  have to be living? I have been doing things and wondering if that is wrong." She was so concerned that she was making mistakes and she is just eager to learn. We went over the baptismal interview questions right there even though we hadn't taught most of lessons yet, but she was put at ease. I really love teaching Amy because she is just so eager to learn and the Spirit is guiding the lessons through her questions. She just wants to know everything she can and it has been wonderful for us to be a part of. We showed up at Church yesterday at 8:30 and Amy was already there because she wanted to get a good spot for 9:00 church. :)
 
I love this work and I feel so blessed. Sister Boyd has been a huge blessing and teacher to me over this past week. She is full of energy and we work hard, while having fun. I love it!
 
This is a great work! I love you all!
SIster Gretchen Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment