Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello from Sunny California!

Hello Family!

It is good to hear that you are safe and sound! Everyone was talking about the storm over here on the west coast, so it is good to hear you were all right. 

Things have been going well out here! We have 3 boys preparing for baptism this Sunday and they are pretty excited! (We are too!) They love Church and are excited for this! I'll send some pictures next week. :)

Also, on Saturday night we got a call from a former investigator and he wanted to come to Church! We hadn't heard from him for the back two or three months, so this was great! Our ward mission leader went to pick him up and he also brought his neighbor. It was great! Then there was another man that lives across the street from the Church that just moved in and he just showed up to Church. He really enjoyed it. While in Gospel Principles, someone asked him if he was a member and he said, "Well, I guess I am now..." We will have to teach him about how he really can be an official member of the Church, but he was a great member of the class yesterday. :) 

Last night we stopped in at a woman in our wards' home. We were looking at her family pictures and as I looked at all her brothers and sisters, I was like, "I know her!" Her younger sister was in my BYU ward freshmen year! It is such a small world in the LDS Church. 

I feel at a lost today for what to say. The computers are down at the library, so we are at the Mission Office. I think I am just not in my normal spot, so my brain isn't working too well. But things are going well! I love this work! Peder is right. There is a  limitless amount of people out there for us to help and to share the Gospel with. 

I love you all so much and can't wait to hear from you next week! Love you! The Church is true!
Sister Gretchen Schillemat

PS. We were at a less-actives home on Friday and for some reason the pumpkin festival came up and they watched the show about the two cities battling. They knew about Keene's Pumpkin Festival! 

No comments:

Post a Comment