Monday, October 22, 2012

I love you all!


Family,
 
I feel so uplifted by your emails. Thank you so much for your support and prayers. Andrea, wonderful job on your marathon! I was about to cry as I read that Liam ran with you. That is so wonderful and would have most certainly cried if I had been you. :) Mom, that sounded like an amazing conversation with Geoff. I am so thankful for his faith and am so excited for what the Lord has in store for Geoffrey's two years as a missionary. He is going to be a powerful servant of the Lord. Poul, good to hear from you as well! Mom told me about the Pumpkin Festival as well. That must have been a busy weekend for Keene. :) Peder, another transfer? I am still in only my 2nd area... You have a lot of people's lives to change in a lot of areas! Keep being wonderful!
 
Well, thank you so much for your emails. It truly uplifts me to hear about how you all are doing well. :) Things are going well out here. We have been talking to many more people who are interested in the Gospel, which is a blessing. We finally taught some new investigators, so things are going very well. Victor is just amazing and is such a strength to the ward. He really is doing well.
 
Let me tell you about a new family that we are teaching! They are truly amazing. They have so much faith! So they are not from this country and don't speak a lot of English, but have amazing Spirits. So this family lives a couple of apartments down from us. They came to our door one night and asked if we could meet with them. We don't actually live in our boundaries, so we contacted the Mt. Rubidioux Elders and they came with us. The first lesson was great! The Spirit was there even though there was a little bit of a language barrier. But they asked all kinds of questions and wanted to know about baptism. Then we met with them the next day. Again another great lesson. Then we met with them again on Thursday. One of the Elders asked if we could sing a hymn. We sang, "I am a Child of God." They all bowed their heads and just sat silently listening. One of them said their hairs on their arms were standing up. Everyone said they felt it in their hearts. It was an amazing Spirit! Just amazing. They asked us to sing it again and again it was an amazing experience. We taught them again on Friday, then they came to Stake Conference yesterday and are now committed to baptism on November 11th! Also, this started out as one family, but they invited friends, so now it is a family of 4 (3 will be baptized), a couple, and another friend! It is truly amazing.
 
Yesterday at Stake Conference, President Smart spoke and talked about how some people have "believing blood". When I think of this family, I know that is what they have! They have such amazing faith and just want to follow Jesus Christ. They truly know that this will bless their families. They have been prepared to accept the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
Life is good over here in Riverside. I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I know that people are prepared for this Gospel and are searching for it, but we have to do all we can to find them. I know that miracles happen all the time and that with our Savior, all things are possible. I love this work! This is the best work in the world! :)
 
I love you all so much and am so grateful for a loving and supportive family! I am so thankful for eternal families!
Have a wonderful week!

1 comment: