Monday, November 26, 2012

Am I Staying or going? Well....


Hello Family!
 
Well, I am getting transferred! Crazy! It was actually kind of a crazy surprise for me because on Saturday night when they do normal calls, they told me that I was staying in Riverside. I was shocked, but excited to be staying here for the Holidays. I didn't say good-bye becuase I was told I was staying!
Well, this morning, I got a call from President Smart and was asked to train again. My new companion will be from Tonga and I am really excited to meet her tomorrow! What I am most scared about is that I am training and being doubled-into a new area. I have never done that before. Thankfully Jurupa, where I am going, is really close to Riverside, so I will be able to still see the Riverside zone often. Plus the Jurupa zone seems great. I need lots of prayers this week though! Lots and lots. New companion. New area. Training. Ahhh... Little scary, but I know that I will be okay with Heavenly Father's help. I know that with Him, we can do all things. And I certainly know that I will need His help these upcoming weeks. Lots to do and lots to learn. .
 
Well, this week in Arlington was reaslly good. We had Damarrius, who was baptized two weeks ago, pass the sacrament yesterday for the first time. We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had two meals that day. One was with a family in the ward and the other was with Sister George, Sister Nelson, and Elder and Sister Price, all senior missionaries. That was really a great time to be able to just sit down and chat with all the missionaries. I love them so much and will miss them a lot.
 
We met this amazing family last Sunday night and went back and visited them on Tuesday night. We started talking with them and the father was pretty hestitant because he is very involved in his Christian church. Well, we kept talking with him and his three children, who are young adults and we taught the Restoration. It really made them think. They were asking questions and then would say, "That makes sense. God would speak to all of His children." At the end, we committed them to read from the Book of Mormon and the father said they only needed one Book of Mormon. We told them we had more, but he siad only one was enough. Then one daughter said, "I want one." And the son said, "Yeah, I'll take one too." So we ended up getting four for all of them to have their own. It was really a wonderful Spirit and they kids were more receptive. I think with time, the father will come around. We are just excited for that family!
 
We had good lessons this week with lots of people, despite the holidays. :) 
I love serving a mission. I love being here in Riverside, California and meeting all the people that I do. I know that I was called here for many reasons and I am just so happy to be here. I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I know that Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet on earth today. 
 
I love you all and am thankful for this wonderful Gospel that blesses our family so much! 
Love, Sister Schillemat
 
ps. Mom, my straightener broke a couple of months ago but have had companions with one. But now...I think I will need one. You could either put money in my account or buy one...It might be easier to just put money in my account or something...Just let me know!
Also, any stationary or letter writing stuff is good! 
 
pss. Also to add to the excitement today, as we were driving to email, someone bumped into the back of our car. It didn't do any damage, but it was not my favorite part of the day. Worst part was that the guy didn't even pull over. He hit us, and we pulled into a parking lot very close by and he didn't follow, but went straight through the light...That was the most frustrating part of it all...
But I am happy! I love being a missionary! There is always excitement and surprises! 
Love you!  
 
psss. Pictures: Tim Tams! Sister Gilmer's first experience. :)
Out District :)




No comments:

Post a Comment