Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hello, week six of the transfer....


Hello Family!
 
This is the last week of this transfer...Next week may bring change for Sister Schillemat...
 
But, what a great week it was! We had the 3 boys confirmed yesterday and Damarrius received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained a Deacon. Things are going well with them and they are very happy! It is wonderful to see the blessings that come from living the Gospel.
 
Yesterday was a particularly good day! We met two new families and prayed specifically for their needs. We have return appointments with both of them on Tuesday. :) The father of one of the families said, "You came at the right time. I am now separated from my wife for a time." The son in the family said, "Please pray that my family will stay together." It was a wonderful experience. The Spirit was very strong as we met together last night. We are praying that all will continue to go well as we meet with them on Tuesday. The other family, we met on Friday and set up a return appointment. I had actually met one of the daughters, probably six months ago, with Sister Toala. We both remembered our encounter and it was amazing to see how we were able to meet again. Heavenly Father leads us to specific people and puts us in their paths.
We are excited for Tuesday! :) We have one other family that the Elders referred to us that we are meeting that day as well. :)
 
One investigator Luis is doing well! We had a good lesson with him this past week and he came to Church. He is progressing well. :)
 
This Gospel truly blesses families. I have seen how happy and blessed families are when they live the Gospel. And on the other end, I have seen how tough things can become when we begin to lack faith and disobey. I hate to see that happen. I feel so blessed and happy from the Gospel, and sometimes I wish that I could just tell everyone that! I know that obedience brings blessing and if we would just obey, life would be much better. Even though trials still come, we would know that we will make it through. I know that Living the Gospel is the only way to be truly blessed in all aspects of our life and to have never-ending happiness in the eternities.
 
I love this work and I am so thankful for the blessings that I receive everyday. I am so thankful to be able to say, "We are representatives of Jesus Christ." That is an amazing honor and privilege. I know that this time that we have been given as missioonaries is so short, and that we have to remember that this whole year and a half is the Lord's time. P-day, lunch, dinner, every minute is the Lord's time. I know that blessings come when we lose ourselves in the work and remember who's work this is.
 
Happy Thanksgiving my dear family! I am so thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and for his love for me. I am thankful that I can repent and be forgiven. I am thankful for you! A wonderful, supportive, and comforting family that is always there for me, as a missionary, a daughter, a sister. I am thankful for the blessing of serving a mission and seeing the joy that the Gospel brings to families. I am thankful for the blessings that come through prayer. I am thankful that I have a testimony that sustains me through trials. I am thankful for my loving Heavenly Father. I know He lives. I know He loves us and knows us individually.
 
Thank you for being wonderful! I am thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I know that it true!
 
Love you siempre,
Sister Gretchen Schillemat 

No comments:

Post a Comment