Monday, September 10, 2012

What a wonderful week it's been!


Hello Family!
 
It has been a wonderful week! We had lots of miracles happen and I am so glad to be a part of this work. Well, first off, my companion is Sister Gilmer from Yukon, Oklahoma, and she is amazing! She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and is very humble. She is always striving for the Spirit to guide her and us. She is truly amazing and I am so grateful for her decision to go on a mission. She is wonderful! :)
 
For this week, we just had some amazing lessons. One of the lessons was with two young men Victor and Jose. We started the lesson with a prayer from Victor and he asked, "Please help me to know that Joseph Smith saw Moroni. I really want to believe it is true because I have faith that it is." It was one of the most sincere prayers that I have ever heard. In Moroni's promise that says with "sincere and real intent", Victor was doing exactly that. It was so amazing. Then we committed him and Jose to be baptized on October 14th and Victor said yes! He said that he really likes the church and he really wants to know. Jose wasn't as open to baptism, but they both are very receptive. Victor then came to church tomorrow as well!
 
Then we had a lesson with a lesson-active man and 4 of his great-nephews, who are all not members. We taught the Plan of Salvation and they really enjoyed it. Then they all came to church yesterday as well!
 
Lastly, we had a lesson with the older man that I talked about last week. It was a great lesson, absolutely directed by the Spirit. We testified how through Jesus Christ's Atonement, he can resist temptation. It was amazing. We read some scriptures in 3 Nephi 18 about praying always to resist temptation. It was a powerful lesson and he is really thinking about what he needs to do. He reads the Book of Mormon more than he ever had and is really open to the Restored Gospel. We also extented a baptismal invite for October 21st, but he didn't commit, but agreed to pray about it. We know with the Lord, he will be able to reach that goal.
 
Last week was a great week for studies as well. I love when Heavenly Father helps us to use the things we've studied in our lessons. Especially in Victor and Jose's lesson, we found that we were using scriptures that we didn't think we would use, but came across during study. The Spirit absolutely guides and directs us in every aspect of missionary work. 
 
Well, that's about all for this week! We are having Elder Paul B. Pieper and Sister Pieper come at the end of this week to our mission, so we are excited to have a General Authority come and teach us. Things are going very well and I love the work! I am so thankful for the wonderful sisters that I am able to serve with. Sister Gilmer is a wonderful blessing and I just love her so much!
 
Thank you for your many prayers and love! I am so blessed to have a supportive and loving family! This work is wonderful! It is directed by the Spirit and is truly divine. I am so glad to be a part of it. I have been so blessed and happy! :)
 
I love you all! The Church is true!
Sister Gretchen Schillemat
 

 
 A praying mantis on Gretchen and her companion's car.
Gilmer and Gretchen at the mission home on Tuesday.
Then, the beautiful sky last night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment