Sunday, September 30, 2012

Last week's News a Little Late


Hola Family!
 
What a great week it has been! We had some great lessons and we had four investigators at church yesterday. Sister Gilmer and I are really focusing on finding those who are prepared, so that is also exciting for these upcoming weeks.
 
My highlight of the week was Victor, who has come to church for the past four weeks. Yesterday in Young Men's, he prayed and mentioned being baptized as well! He is really progressing well and enjoys church. We are very excited for him and his progress! He is on date for baptism on October 14th!
 
Mikey also got a calling yesterday! Mikey is the 2nd counselor in the Sunday School. Amanda has a calling on the RS activities committee and Kody, their son, is 1st counselor in the Deacon's quorum. They are doing so well! I love that family dearly and love to see their amazing progress as members of the true Church. :)
 
Last week, we stopped in at an elderly lady's home, who lives in the same complex as a couple of members of our ward. When I first got into this area, she actually had come to church, but when we were about to start teaching her back then, she cancelled and stopped coming to church. Well, we stopped in last week and shared about the Restoration. She just went through some really difficult things and she felt like her relationship with Heavenly Father was a little strained. We asked her if we could teach her more and she kept saying she needed to work things out herself. Then Sister Gilmer (I love her!) bore really powerful testimony of the Gospel. Right after that, the lady said, "I can see it in your eyes and I believe you. I think you can help me." So we set up another appointment! Testifying is the key. That was a miracle.
Then the following day she called us, thanking us for blessing her with a visit the day before. It was again another tender mercy of the Lord.
 
So, Mom and Dad, you are going to Dallas? That is going to be so fun! I want to see lots of pictures!
Geoff, Good job on your games! Keep up the hard work!
Poul, What have you been up to this week? Still sore from the race last weekend?
Jo, Where have you been? I haven't heard from you in forever!
Andrea, You get Mom and Dad to visit! I want to visit you when I get home. Deal? ;)
Kirstin, How is teaching and school going? How's little Lucy?
Peder, I love you so much! Keep being an amazing missionary!
 
The Church is true and I love this work. It is hard, but worth every minute. I love it! And I love you all! Have an amazing week! Keep being member missionaries!
 
Love you,
Sister Gretchen Schillemat
 
ps. I love Doctrine and Covenants 33 about opening our mouths. We are promised if we open our mouths, we will be like Nephi! Very cool!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment