Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Great Week!


Hello Family!
This past week was wonderful! On Friday, we went to a half-mission conference where Elder Paul B. Pieper and his wife spoke to us. It was exactly what I needed to hear. He spoke of finding those who are really prepared and if people aren't willing to commit, going out and finding those who are. He said there are people in every area, who are ready, but we have to work hard to find them. That was what Sister Gilmer and I needed because we have a lot of investigators that havent been progressing and aren't ready to commit to baptism. It takes a lot of faith for us to leave them a standing invitation and move on, but we have already seen great blessings from it. We have three young boys that have a great uncle who is a member, that want to be baptized. As well as our other investigator, still on date for baptism on October 14th. Things are just going to well! We had 6 investigators at church, which was the most we have had in  a long time. We look forward to what else is in store for this upcoming weeks ahead. We have many potential investigators, so we will see what happens this week!
Mom, you are right. Time has flown by. I have been out a year and I can't believe how quickly time has gone. I know that I have to keep working hard until the very end. There are many who are still waiting for the gospel and who need it and we need to be our seeking them everywhere.
Sorry for the short email, my mind is not in the mindset it normally is for writing, but I want you to know how much I love you all. I miss you so much and pray for you often. I loved the pictures of the Keene to Run team and it made me miss you all so much! You are a great example of righteousness to me. I love that I have been blessed with such a wonderful family. You are amazing! This Church is true and I love you all! Geoff, you are getting so old. I didn't recognize you holding Poul. I thought it was someone much older holding him until I zoomed in. I can't believe it.  
I love you all and hope and pray you have a wonderful week! Life is good! And Heavenly Father is too good to us. :) He blesses us more than we know!
Sister Gretchen Schillemat
Pictures: We have a joke with Amanda and Mikey that I am always checking the time...So for Mikey's birthday we made this clock... :)

Tom, Maddie, and the Haygoods. :) (And me and Sister Gilmer. ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment