Monday, April 30, 2012

Gretchen Has Been Transferred to Riverside!


Hello Family!
 
Guess what?! I am leaving Highland today. Insane! I can't believe it. Well, I expected the change sometime, but time is going so fast. I didn't feel like another transfer is already over.  I am going to Riverside and am going to be in the Arlington Ward (just in case you wanted to know. :)). My new companion will be Sister Toala, from Samoa (I just realized that I have NO idea how to spell that...). I will be living with the ASL Sisters as well so I am going to come home knowing English, Spanish, ASL, and Samoan! ;)
 
Change is always good because that is when we grow the most, but I feel like I am leaving a new family behind. Kaylyn, who was baptized in February, cried so hard and she got me crying so hard after sacrament meeting. I was pretty composed until she came up to me. But for the most part, the Lord has helped me be peaceful and calm about the change. I will truly miss the people in Highland, but I know the Lord needs me in Riverside. Sister Birrell is going to be with Sister Griffes, from Michigan! They are going to do great things!
 
This last week was really wonderful! We did Mormon Helping Hands and I painted some of a house! It was a lot of fun! We did some weeding and planting as well, so it was a very fun morning. :) We then had a Barbeque in Redlands. That was great fun as well!
 
As for Highlights of the week, the first one that comes to mind is Alan and Aldo, the twin 10 year old boys. We taught them the Word of Wisdom last week and they just loved it. Alan said that he drank coffee sometimes, but he would never drink it again. We were talking about how we shouldn't be addicted to anything either and Alan said, "Well, I'm addicted to the Book of Mormon." Then his brother replied, "True that!" We explained that that was okay. :) Then at the end of the lesson, they both prayed individually to know if the Word of Wisdom is true. Alan said that he felt something in his heart! It was just such a special lesson! Alan is already in Jacob in the Book of Mromon and Aldo is in 1 Nephi 8 or so. They both are doing so well!
 
Another highlight was Kaylyn's house. We had a lesson on enduring to the end and a couple of other topics, and we talked to her about making the temple her goal. She said that already was her goal! And she whipped out the WOW pamphlet that has a goals and plans page in the back and had all these goals about going to temple and paying tithing and fast offerings and how she would do that! It was just so amazing to see her faith in action. She is such a strong member!
 
Oh my! How could I forget this one?! Brother Coleman, whose wife is a member, but he's not, prayed yesterday because I was leaving! We went to his house last night just to hear him pray! He is progressing so much. We have been praying and fasting with him and he has been going to church the past two weeks! I told him yesterday that I will be back for his baptism. He said, "If there is one." I told him, "There will be!" He is an amazing man, and the Lord is blessing him!
Miracle: Brother Coleman has to often work in Temecula on Sundays, but this week Temecula was scheduled for Saturday instead! It was a miracle!
 
Life is good as a missionary! This Church is true. Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration. Jesus Christ lives. Prayers work! This is a marvelous work!
 
Next week I will fill you in on Riverside. :)
 
I love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Gretchen Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment