Monday, April 23, 2012

Last week of another transfer!


Hello Family!
 
First before I forget: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEDER and HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEOFFREY! I can't believe how old we are all getting! I hope you all have an amazing day and keep staying strong!
 
Also, Mom, Dad, and Geoff, those letters were so amazing from you! Geoffrey, I can see your growth so much just from reading your letters. Thank you so much for taking the time to sent it to your older sister. It means so much to me to hear about your testimony growing. You are going to be a strong full-time missionary, and I bet you are already being a great missionary now. Thanks little brother! Mom, thank you for your testimony. It always brings the Spirit into my heart when I read or hear someone's testimony, so thank you! Dad, thanks for the update on the work in the ward! Keep working hard and tell me the progress with the members. ps. I saw a picture without your beard. :) 
 
So, we had a really great week! We see MIRACLES! This is the last week of the transfer, so it is going to be another great week!
 
One of the highlights was a less-active member who struggles with the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity, so we have been going over those quite a bit. This last lesson we had with her, she came out with a cup of coffee because she ran out of hot chocolate, which she has been trying to drink. As we read with her from Alma 41, we talked about the restoration "from that which is good to that which is good". We asked her what she could do to improve her life. She mentioned quite a few things and we pointed at the coffee as well. She kept saying that it was only because she was out of hot chocolate and she needed something to wake her up. She said it cost money and she didn't want to waste money. As we testified that she would receive strength from dumping it out, she seemed really distracted, so we didn't think she was really listening. But then! All of the sudden, she picked up her cup of coffee and dumped it on the ground! (we were meeting outside.) It was so amazing! I can't tell you how quickly that brought the Spirit. She just DUMPED IT ALL OUT! The Spirit was so strong! It was an example fo true faith in action. I know that when we have faith and act on that faith, the Lord will truly strengthen us! It was a very amazing moment for Sister Birrell and me. :) After she dumped it out, she just started laughing because our faces were in shock, and she said she wished we could have taken a picture! She is really great!
 
Another highlight is that we had 5 investigators at church on Sunday! Red, the 80 year old man, Alan, the 10 year old, Jim Coleman, the husband of a member, Anthony, an employee of a ward member, and Martha, another investigator's grandma! It was a great Sabbath day and we had a lesson with a 16 year old, who is now on date for baptism! We were greatly blessed this week. :)
 
I really love this work! Although I sometimes get discouraged, this is a great work! I read a talk yesterday called the "Fourth Missionary" (you should look it up!). It is about 4 different types of missionaries. The fourth missionary is the type of missionary that we want to be. It is one that serves with all his (/her) might, mind, heart, and strength, where the third missionary only serves with his/her might and strength and doesn't give his heart and mind to the Lord. It was a really powerful talk, which made me think a lot about how much I still have yet to grow. I feel like I have grown a lot, but I still need to give all my heart and mind to the work. Sometimes I wake up distracted or tired, etc., and I realize how much time I am wasting. THIS IS THE LORD'S TIME! I cannot waste it! It is a hard thing to do to give ALL my might, mind, heart. and strength, but that is one of my goals to work on! 
Another thing this talk explained was how some missionaries are always waiting to find happiness. They say, "I'll be happy when I am home or on p-day or when I am in school or when I am married, etc." but they are never happy while they are serving. If we are always waiting to be happy, then we never will be. We have to be Happy NOW! This is the time to be happy. Again, something for me to continue to work on. I have to be happy NOW! This is the greatest work in the world! I must give the Lord my all and find the JOY in this work, even when times get hard. It is time for me to focus on the present, not the past or the future. As I do that I know that I will be truly happy. :) 
Anyway, those are somethings that I am trying to improve on. Great talk! Read it! :) 
 
I want to leave with my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that my Savior lives and loves us all with an infinite love. I know that his Atonement is real and that we can access the Atonement for all parts of our lives. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so deeply that he sent His son to die for us. Jesus Christ did the will of the Father and that is what I must do as a missionary. I must give my will to Heavenly Father. Joseph Smith is prophet of the Restoration. He did see God, the Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ. He translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. This is Jesus Christ's Church and as one of our investigator's said yesterday, "You must be really proud to be a member of Christ's Church?" And I am! I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that has blessed our family! I am so thankful that we are an eternal family and will live forever together! I love you all and pray for you often! 
Thank you for all your prayers and support! I love you!
 
Sister Schillemat 

No comments:

Post a Comment