Monday, June 4, 2012

Time Flies when you're doing missionary work


Hello Family!
 
It is already week 6 of the transfer! Where did the time go?!
 
This past week was really good! To fill you in on Mike from last week that fasted and gave someone his number for work...He GOT A JOB! And he started today! Miracles do happen all the time. We just need the faith and act and then the Lord will bless us. Their family is doing really well. Kody's baptism is now on Sunday evening, June 10th. It means he won't be able to be confirmed until the next week, but this way more of the ward members will be able to come. We are very excited for his baptism. We are still praying for Mike to see if he prayed about being baptized with Kody. Pray for him too! We will see...
 
Life is so good as a missionary! Sister Jones and I had an exhausting week, but it was really good! I don't think I have ever been so tired on my mission, but I wouldn't change that. We had MANY splits last week, which was also good because we were able to teach more people. Since we are covering two wards (ward and branch really...) we need those splits to get everything done. There were a couple days where Sister Jones and I taught together for an hour and then the rest of the day we were on splits. It made for more member involvement, which is always good!
 
So this past week we had this one lesson, where we walked in and the mom was not in a very good mood when we first got there. She was tired and just wasn't feeling too well. She decided we were just going to teach her kids and she was going to leave the room so that they kids could focus more. We asked if she would stay for part of the lesson on the Sabbath Day and Law of Chastity (I am not teaching that one to kids without the mom being there...). She stayed and as we had the lesson, her mood was noticably changed. She was so much happier as we just discussed the gospel of Jesus Christ. As we went to the last part of the lesson, she decided to stay becuase she felt so much better.
That is what the gospel can do. It can change us from bad to good and good to better. When we are having a bad day, we can turn to the scriptures and prayer and family and feel so much better! I love this gospel and how much happiness it brings!
 
Heavenly Father is so good to me! I love being a missionary. I love serving in California! I love doing service! (Even when I get really tired!) This is a great work and no one can stop it! Peder, you and I, and many others are part of a great army, out to help the world! Isn't it amazing?!
I know this Church is true. I know that fasting brings miracles. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and His Atonement is real. I know that the Atonement covers all things physically and spiritually that we have ever suffered. I know that because Jesus Christ lives, we will live again. I know that this is the restored Church of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and the Book of Mormon changes lives and is true! I know that President Monson leads and guides this Church under the direction of our loving Savior, Jesus Christ.
This is a marvelous work and a wonder! And I love it!
And I love you, my dear family! You are wonderful, and I pray for you often. Thank you for your prayers and love!
Have a wonderful week!



Sister Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment