Monday, December 12, 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

Hello Family!
 
Wow! It has been 3 months since I left and Peder is about to enter the MTC! I can't believe how fast time has gone. Being a missionary is a great thing! I love it. :)
 
So, before I forget. I can skype you on Christmas day! Expect a phone call probably next week letting you know when I will be calling, or should I skype! :) I am so excited to see all your faces and talk with you. It is certainly going to be the highlight of my Christmas Day! Also, could you let me know whose skype account I should search for on that day! Gracias!
 
Well, we had another baptism! It was a great service for Yvonne Rivera. She is a wonderful woman in her early 30's and she is so excited about the gospel. Yesterday, her 11 year old son starting taking the lessons with the Elders, and I guess Yvonne bore powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon to her son. It was wonderful to hear! We are excited to have another wonderful person in our ward! (How many times can I say wonderful in one sentence? ;) )
 
Yesterday night we were finishing up our night and we realized that we had 9 OYMs (Open Your Mouths) to get so that we would reach our goal of 140. We had about an hour to get them, but it is hard when it is dark outside and we can't go tracting. So, we drove to an investigator's home and she counted as an OYM, plus there were 3 guys near her house that we talked to! Then we drove to our apartment and still needed 5 more! Two people were getting out of their car at the same time. We talked to them. We searched the parking lot with a prayer in our heart that we would find some people to talk to. We found 2 more, then we walked around some more and we had only a couple minutes left. Sister Robinette jokingly said, "You all better be praying!" And then we saw two more people park on the side of the road and we talked to them! We reached our goal. It was a miracle!
After we sent in our numbers, we received a text a while later from our zone leaders saying, "Good Job everyone! Every companionship in the zone got over 140 OYMs this week." I then turned to Sister Robinette and said, "It is a good thing we got those last 9 OYMs!"
It truly is a miracle that we reached that goal last night, but I know as we try our hardest, Heavenly Father will put people in our paths. I know that is true with all my heart.
 
So tell me more about Christmas! Are you doing the 12 days of Christmas this year? We were just talking about it and we might! There is an older woman, who lives by herself that we may do it to. :)
When does everyone get home? You said Andrea gets home Wednesday, but what about everyone else? Kirstin? Johanna?
 
So this week is going to be very bitter-sweet. Sister Robinette leaves on Friday! And then flies home on Saturday! We are excited for her to see her family, but I am going to miss that girl so much. She has become one of my best friends. She is truly an amazing missionary and an amazing friend. She is an example of perserverence and love. Heavenly Father knew that I would need Sister Robinette as my companion. He knows who I need! Sister Jones has come out of her shell quite a bit too! The three of us have a lot of fun together and work well. Sister Jones and I are going to be a VERY young companionship, but I am excited. :)
 
I have been reading in Mosiah this week and I love it. It is an amazing part of the Book of Mormon. One scripture that I really liked from what I was reading:
Mosiah 16:9 "He [Christ] is the light and the life od the world;yea a light that is endless, that can never be darkened;yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." I love the phrase,"He is a light that can never be darkened." He truly is the light of the world. As we focus on him, we will have the joy! We will be happy and always be in the light. There is no darkness in Christ!
 
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ is true. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and yours. I know that now is the season to celebrate the miraculous birth and life of Jesus Christ and focus on what matters most. And you matter most to me! I love you all! It is going to be hard to be away from you, but it makes me appreciate the wonderful family I have even more. And I am able to focus on Jesus Christ more than I ever have before. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and it is only through the power of God that the Book of Mormon was translated. I know that book truly is the word of God. I know that there is power in The Book of Mormon as we read it every day.
Thank you for being the more wonderful family! I miss you all, but I am so glad to be here!
I am so excited for Peder and the work that he is about to start. Be strong Peder! Depend on Jesus Christ. "Let us labor diligently" (Moroni 9:6) and "Be faithful in Christ"  (Moroni 9:25)! I love you Peder! You are going to be a great missionary!
 
I love you all and pray for you often. Thank you for all you do!
 
Le quiero, (I love you...I think that is what it means... ;) )
Sister Schillemat
 
Tell the YSA that I loved the Christmas tree and chocolate they sent me! I put it up during my lunch that day with my companions and it makes me smile so much everytime I see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment