Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Time in California





Family!
This is going to be a quick email because today we don't have as much time and guess what? I just talked to you two days ago! :)
The story I wanted to tell was about a woman who called us crying yesterday. As I spoke with her on the phone, she wanted me to say a prayer with her. I prayed with her on the phone and then said that we could come over and visit for a little. As we prepared to get ready to go, I told Sister Jones that I was thinking about Alma 7:11-12 about Jesus Christ's Atonement to share with her. Sister Jones said she was thinking about the same one. Then we went over to her house and we shared that scripture and Alma 36:3 (Really good one about trust and support in trials). We told her to turn to the scriptures often through out this hard time. Then I asked Sister Jones what chapter she thought we should leave and she said Ether 12, which was exactly what I had been thinking. I knew that the Spirit was telling us both the right thing for her to read. We left her home and then got a phone call from her later that day saying that she had been reading Ether 12 and it spoke a lot about faith. I know that Heavenly Father needed her to read that yesterday. I know that as we put our trust in God, we will be supported in our trials. I know that the scriptures can bring us peace and solace in times of trial. And I know that the Spirit is the key in missionary work and we are just the tools through which the Spirit works.
I also wanted to include some pictures today. Enjoy! Most are Christmas morning pictures. The one where we are actually missionary looking is Sister Jones and I with our mini missionary, Sister Pula, from Moreno Valley. She was so sweet and nice. And she worked so hard! We loved her!
I know this church is true and I loved talking with you all on Christmas. I am so blessed to have an amazing family that is sealed together by the priesthood of God. Thank you for being the wonderful example that I need to stay strong. I love you all so much!
Sister Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment