Monday, November 14, 2011

Transfer #2 begins

Family!
 
This past week has been a good one! I have made it successfully through another transfer so that is great! Plus our whole district is staying the same since 3 of us came from the MTC together, so there won't be many changes this transfer. But Sister Robinette is going home after this transfer! I am scared...Really scared... ;) But it will be okay! I know it will, but it will be different. She really is amazing. I love her so much and we get along so well! :)
 
Well, we have an exciting investigator! His name is Mark. He came to church by himself last week and we met him. He said he wanted to be baptized! So we met with him twice last week and this morning and he is set for baptism on Nov. 26th! We are so excited and he is excited. Yesterday while at church, Mark's arm was hurting him badly. He had told us that it was hurting earlier that week, but it was really bad during sacrament. After sacrament, Elder Hench (a senior missionary in our ward) and Bishop Denkers gave him a blessing and his arm didn't hurt him anymore. Mark now has a strong testimony of the priesthood. I know that the priesthood is the authority of God on earth. I know that priesthood blessings are from our Heavenly Father and that miracles come from faith and blessings. I am so grateful for you, Dad, and Poul, and  so many others who have given me priesthood blessings. I know that I have been blessed from on high. Thank you for worthily holding the priesthood.
We are all excited for Mark! He is very excited and we are too. :) Pray that he will continue to have that strong desire to be baptized.
 
We had another experience with priesthood blessings last week. I told you about Joyce (Mom), Nicholas(12 year old son), and Savannah(10 year old daughter). We went to their house on Wednesday and things were not going well. Everyone was upset with each other. It was just not good. Sister Robinette asked everyone what was one thing that they wanted the other two to do to help them. Sorry that's a little confusing, but for example, Nicholas wanted Savannah to stop screaming in his ear. We started by asking them at and then we just talked with them. Joyce was having a really hard time, and I ended up talking with her for awhile, while Sister talked with Nicholas and Savannah. Joyce has a lot on her plate and she knows that her family needs to be more unified. I kept testifying of Jesus Christ's Atonement and how the Savior knows what we are going through. Then I asked her if she would like a blessing. She said that would be really nice. So two days later, the Hench's (The senior missionary couple...They are amazing by the way!) came and gave all three of them blessings. It was what they needed. Nicholas, who has ADHD, has a hard time focusing, and it was promised in his blessing that he would be baptized and that after receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, he would be more calm and teachable. That is an answer to Joyce's prayers. I know those blessings came from Heavenly Father!
The priesthood is amazing! I just love how much it has blessed my life and out family. We have been so blessed to always have the priesthood in our home. Thank you Dad, Poul, Peder, and Geoffrey. Thank you so much!
 
One Miracle of the week: Jeffrey Campos, a less active 13 (or 14) year old boy, read 10 chapters of The Book of Mormon last week and remembered a lot of what he read! It was amazing! He prayed as well. :) It truly was a miracle because he doesn't remember a lot about the church, but we hope and pray that he continues reading and learning!
 
Well, this week is looking good! We have dinner and two more appointments tonight, so we are very excited! (I am  always worried to tell you how many appointments are coming up because they often fall through, which is disappointing...But we just confirmed all of these appointments for this evening, so hopefully! Pray for us. :))
 
Life is good over here in California! I love hearing from all of you. I miss you all so much!
 
Mom, Good job at inviting people to church! That is amazing! Coming to church is so important, so keep asking. :)
Dad, How is work going? How are the high priests doing?
Kirstin, Jimmy, and Lucy, How are you all doing? How was Halloween? I would love to see pictures. :)
Poul, thanks for the email! It is good to hear from you. The living room must look pretty great because you, Mom, and Peder mentioned it! Send me pictures of that too. :)
Andrea, Roland, Liam, and Landon, Thanks for the pictures! They are sooo cute! I miss you all! Keep sending me emails. :)
Jo, How are you? I haven't heard from you recently. Fill me in!
Peder, I am so excited for you! Are you really in the MTC for 12 weeks? I thought it was just 9! That is a long time! I don't know if we are going to be able to talk on Christmas, but we'll keep emailing. Before you know it though, I will be able to talk to you, so don't worry about it too much. :)
Geoff, Thank you for the letter this week! I love hearing from you. How was your soccer banquet? How is school?
 
I love you all! Keep working hard. :)
 
Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 33: 6. I glory in my Jesus. I really do. I know that he is my Savior and that he performed the Atonement for me personally. I love Jesus Christ and I am so blessed to be a witness of him. It is a privilege to be a missionary!
 
Have a great week! I am thankful for you all! I am thankful for the gospel! I am thankful for the restoration of the church! I am most thankful for Jesus Christ!
 
Love,
Sister Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment