This week was filled with miracles. I am going to just write what I wrote in my journal this past week about a couple of them.
1) First, about a month ago or so, Sister Fia and I talked to a man who went by the name Superman. We asked Supoerman who else he knew that was in need of a blessing. He told us about his neice, Melissa. Well, we tryied to go by once or twice with no luck. But Thursday when I was with Sister Dominguez, a 19 year old team-up, we went over and Melissa was home. She allowed us to come in. Her uncle who referred us to her actually past awaywithin the last couple of weeks. Heavenly Father had a plan.
We gave Melissa a blessing and invited her to be baptized. Before we finished inviting her she said, "When?" We invited her to be baptized on March 31st and she accepted. We gave her a Book of Mormon and left her with the Introduction. She is a new investigator! I am just so grateful we asked her uncle Brett (Superman) who he knew that need a blessing. Ask everyone for referrals!
2) Sister Boyd and I sometimes go oym at the gas station. Well, that ius where we were and talked to a young man named Andrea. He wasn't interesting in a blessing but we asked him who he knew or if he knew anyone else who need a blessing. He told us his dad could probably use one and gave us the address, which was thankfully in our area.
We tried the house once, no answer. But we went back on Thursday. George answered the door, Andrew's dad. We explained who we are and he let us in. His wife and two younger daughters were there as well. Letty, who just turned 5 in February, suffers from Tuberculosis. She has been suffering with this since she was 12 months old. This family truly needed a blessing. We left a blessing and invited them to baptsim, George said he didnt know enough, but he agreed to missionaries coming back. The Spanish Elders will be taking over. :)
3) We had another referral from a man on the street. We were driving and just pulled over to talk to him. He gave us his phone number and we asked if he knew anyone else who needed a blessing. He said his sister, Sheila, We went on Friday we went to his sisters house and miracle after miracle happened. We knocked. No answer. Then we tracted in the neighborhood for a little while. We went to a house and we left a blessing. Then we came out and there were people outside Sheila's house. It wasn't her but she came to meet us and let us in. When we asked what she was in need of, she said she wanted to get closer to God and a couple of other things. We left the blessing. We invited her to be baptized and she realized that was what was missing in her life! She committed toApril 6th! :) Her friend was also there and we are meeting with them both again tomorrow.
4) We were oyming on Friday and a woman named Linda came up asking for a quarter. We talked to her for a while and found out that she has been struggling a lot. She was drinking right before talking to us and has addictions. We asked if we could meet with her again the next day and she said yes. she kept asking if we were really coming and we reassured her we would be there. Well, we met at her apartment complex and she was there. We taught her a lesson about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Gospel. Then we set us another time and a ride for church. Sunday morning came around and Sister Boyd and I went to make sure Sheila was ready. We came to the complex and she was all dressed and ready to go early! She was so excited to see us! We told her her ride was coming soon. :) She said for all of church and then also came back for a baptism last night. She is making huge steps in her life! She is truly using the Atonement of Jesus Christ in her life to overcome her struggles and challenges. She is preparing for baptism on April 14th.
5) We had a baptism yesterday! It was the Montiel family! I just love them sooo much! Hilda and Izaiah were baptized by Omar, husband and father. It was a great turn out from the ward. And a wonderful Spirit!
6) Amy was confirmed as well! She is just soaking in everything she can and doing so well!
Life is so good as a missionary! I just love being here and I feel so blessed. Miracles are happening everyday and I know that the Lord is blessing us all as we are obedient. I love serving the Lord and being here!
Sister Boyd is such a huge blessing in my life! I love her soooo much! She has taught me to be more bold and compassionate. She loves to work hard and we are just having fun working hard together!
I love you and am so grateful for all your support and love. I am excited for you to see and hear Elder Ballard. :) Also Danielle, Congratulations! I am so excited for you. It is the best decision that you can make in your life and in the eternities. Send me pictures please!
I love you all and talk to you soon!
Montiel Family! :)
Yes, that is a giraffe. :)