Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Christmas Time!



Gretchen with the Williams the night before she left Riverside.  The Williams joined the Church in  June.



Sisters Schillemat and Fia with Hailey, a new convert.  

t
Ward Members taking down decorations after the Ward Christmas party.  Yes, this is  positioned the right way. 

Hello Family!
 
Oh how wonderful is this time of year! I just love it so much and I love being a missionary during this time!
My highlight for the week was our Ward Christmas Party. It was one of the best I have seen! We had over 200 people there and many non-members! There at least 5 part-member families there and then several other non-member friends. It was soo wonderful to be there. The Primary did a nativity play and it was perfect. They would do a little bit and then we would all sing a Christmas song relating to the part of the play. Then they would say a little more and then we would sing. It was perfect length, a wonderful Spirit, and we just loved it! Plus, the ward members and everyone loved it. :)
 
Sister Fia and I have had a busy week, which we love, but didn't teach as much as we would have liked. This week should be better! We will be teaching a lot more, hopefully, and we are pretty excited about it. We have so many part-member families that we are hoping to teach. It is certainly a wonderful thing. :)
 
I feel like there isn't much else to talk about today, but I am just so thankful to be here on a mission. I am thankful for the privilege it is to wear a name-tag that has the Savior's name on it. I am thankful for all that Jesus Christ has done for me personally and for the world. I know that He is my Redeemer and Savior. I know He lives. And I love this work that is His!
 
I haven't done little notes in awhile, so here I go:
 
Dad, I would love to see a picture of you as a wiseman! I hope you are happy and healthy and all is good at work!
Mom, Thank you for your weekly emails! I truly look forward to them and to hear what is happening at home and with the family and ward. Keep being wonder-woman, Mom!
Kirstin, Jimmy, and Lucy, How are you all doing? When are you home for the holidays? And what time to I need to skype, so that I can see Lucy awake? :)
Poul, What have you been up to? Work? Are you going to school right now?
Andrea, Roland, Liam, and Landon, Those pictures are too funny! Little Landon is a peanut! I can't wait to see those boys all grown up! :)
Johanna, How's school going for you? How long off do you have for Christmas break? Hope you are well!  
Peder, You are amazing Peder! I tell everyone that I have a younger brother on a mission and that you are in an exotic part of the world. :) Keep working hard! When do you skype with the family?
Geoff, How is senior year going? I can't believe my "baby" brother is so old! What happened? Can't wait to see you on Christmas

I love you all! This Church is true! Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. Thank you for being such an amazing family! And wonderful support! I love you!
 
Sister Gretchen Schillemat

ps. I forgot! I had interviews with President Smart this week and I found out that I am coming home a week earlier than expected because of the missionary age change. Well, the MTC time is getting cut by a third, so the English missionaries will be only there for 2 weeks instead of 3. So that means that they will be here a week earlier. And this is taking place my last transfer. So...my last transfer will only be 5 weeks long and I will be coming home March 26th instead of April 2nd. Easter will be the first Sunday that I am home. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment