Monday, August 27, 2012

First Prayer


Hello Family!
 
We are heading into the last week of this transfer and I am still amazed at how fast this is going by...
 
This past week was pretty good. My favorite lesson and miracle was Vic again! He is progressing in the gospel and I love it! So last week I told you about how he had those experiences with prayer. Well, this week we met with him and his sister, who is a member, came for the first time to a lesson. It was so great to meet her. She is awesome! Anyway, we had a lesson on the Spirit World and it was just really good. We answered other questions that Vic had as well and just overall a good lesson! Then at the end, we invited Vic to pray again. He first said no, and told Sister Toala to pray because she is leaving soon. But then after we asked him again, he just said, "Fine. I'll do it." (I was sooo excited!) And then as he said his prayer, it was amazing. He said it exactly how we had taught, which is a miracle because he told us at the beginning of teaching him that he wasn't sure if he believed in Jesus Christ. So this was huge! It made my week! It was a beautiful prayer and he is progressing so well!
 
We met some new people this week, which is always great. We taught one girl, who is a mother of a 3 year old and it was just really refreshing to teach her. As we talked about the guilt and sorrow that can be taken away through Jesus Christ, she changed and you could tell she was really listening to what we were sharing. We are hoping to meet with her again soon.
 
Peder made some wonderful comments in his email today. He was talking about how change helps us grow and when hard times come, it is because Heavenly Father wants us to learn. I have seen that more and more lately. Times can be really hard, but it is because He wants us to learn things. He will never give us something that we can't handle, which I know, but sometimes forget. I have to remember that I am not doing this alone. Jesus Christ is always there and Heavenly Father is always supporting and helping us. I am never alone. We are never alone. A woman in Highland once said, "Let Heavenly Father do the heavy lifting." We have to try our best, but no matter how hard we try it is through Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, and the Holy Ghost that people are converted. We just have to do our best.
 
I am grateful to be a missionary. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. I am so thankful that we are sealed together for eternity and that I have you as my wonderful family. You are wonderful. Thank you for your many prayers and love!
 
I love you all! The Church is true!
Sister Gretchen Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment