Monday, October 17, 2011

Another good week


Family!
 
It is great to hear from you all! That is exciting that Poul got a new car. Congratulations Poul!
 
This week has been going well! We have been teaching a lot, which is great. We had one investigator that said right off the bat that he wanted to be baptized. Joseph LaPorta is his name. He came to church yesterday and we are meeting with him again. We are really excited to continue to meet with him. He really wants to have the happiness and peace that comes from the gospel.
 
We are also meeting with a woman named Frances Baggerman, who has been struggling lately. She had her car stolen, her dogs wer stolen, and many other things. She said she would come to church, which she didn't, but we are hoping that next week she will come. She really could use the gospel in her life.
 
It really has been a great last week. We had 18 lessons last week (investigators, less-active, and active ward members) and the goal is to have 20 so we were really close. I was able to go to sacrament meeting this past week, which was a huge blessing. We had general conference and then stake conference, so I was really excited for regular church this week. I know that taking the sacrament each week is truly a strength. I also introduced myself in the ward and everyone is pretty excited that I am from NH. :)
 
Well, I am hoping to get some pictures on here this week, so enjoy! Sister Robinette will be the one with short (ish) brown hair in front of the Redlands Temple. :) I am still trying to get some pictures on there, but I am going to send this just in case.
 
Scripture for the week: 2 Nephi 3. I read this chapter this morning and I love how it talks about the Book of Mormon and the Bible working together. Verse 12 was one of my favorites. The Book of Mormon with the Bible really do make the doctrine so clear. verse 24 is also a good one. Here is my commitment to you: read that chapter for family scripture study. :)
 
Love you all! The Church is true. I am so glad to be serving a mission. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. I love missionary work!
 
Sister Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment