Monday, January 9, 2012

Another week in the California Riverside Mission

Hello Family!
 
Well, first I want to say my prayers go out to Carol's family. My heart hurts when I hear about people passing away and how much they will be missed. We had a death in the ward of a 30 year old woman, and it is so sad. Carol will be well missed, and I hope that Ginger and Jamie are doing all right. Just like I talked about last week in my email, it is a wonderful thing that we know about the plan of salvation. We are so blessed to have that knowledge and to be able to share it with those around us. We are also so blessed as a family to have the blessings of the temple. As a missionary, I am often in homes where the families are not as fortunate. We have a amazing gift of an eternal family and that is the best way for any family to be.
 
This past week was another good week! We had 20 lessons and reached our goal of 8 member present lessons this past week. That was a miracle! We have never had that many, so we were extremely blessed!
We have two people preparing for baptism on January 28th. They both came to a baptism that was held of Saturday, so that was exciting! It was good for each of them to be able to see another person be baptized and to feel that wonderful spirit. Baptisms are so special!
(So here is a random tangent/commitment: So the baptism that we went to on Saturday was for the Highland 2nd ward, not the ward I am serving in. They had TONS of ward members at the baptism. For the last baptism that we had, it was very sparse and very disappointing how few people came. So, I want to extend the commitment to go to every convert baptism in our ward! Please! They need the support of the ward. I know that Keene ward is pretty good, but just a little reminder. :) )
 
I have talked about this before, but I love the priesthood! I love how willing men will do everything to fulfill their priesthood responsibilities. I was able to watch 3 blessings this weekend and it was a beautiful thing. The first two were given by the Elders serving in the Highland 2nd ward and they were just so willing to help and give those blessings. Peder, you are going to get that opportunity on your mission and people are going to be so grateful for your worthiness and willingness. The last blessing was given by Elder Hench to Joyce. Joyce has been struggling with a lot of things lately and we showed up to her crying. We came into her house and immediately called the Hench's, so that Elder Hench could give her a blessing. As Elder Hench gave that blessing, a change came over Joyce and the Spirit was back into the home. It was a beautiful blessing and Sister Hench said there were ministering angels in the room. It really did feel wonderful. I love the priesthood so much! I am so blessed to have a worthy father and brothers that can give blessings!
 
Life is wonderful as a missionary! I love Highland area and I love the people I serve and am serving with. I pray that you are all doing well! I love and miss you lots! But this is a great work!
I like what you said Poul, "if the work wasn't hard, it wouldn't be nearly as rewarding." This is a hard work, but a wonderful blessing! I know that is true!
 
Now for the weekly check-ins on the family:
Dad, how is work going? I haven't heard from you in a little while and I would love to hear how things are going!
Mom, how are you doing? How has work been?
Kirstin, Are you teaching again? How is that going? How's Luce?
Poul, Are you taking classes this semester?
Andrea, How are the boys? I miss them! :)
Jo, You are back safe! That is great! I hope everything is going well! Keep me posted on how you're doing. :)
Peder, You are amazing! How's the MTC treating you? Have you had the chicken cordin bleu (I don't know how it is spelled!)? That was my favorite in the MTC. :)
Geoff, How is school going? Not a lot of snow days this year with no snow, right?
 
Well, I love you all so much! You are all wonderful and the church is true. We are all so blessed to be members of the Church of Jesus Christ.
 
Love you,
Sister Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment