Thursday, September 29, 2011

Leaving for California on October 4

Here is Gretchen's latest letter. She will be off to California in just a few days.   
 
Hey Family!
 
Another week has gone by! It has been a good week. I don't remember if I told you last weeek or not, but I finally saw Miles. He looked like he was doing really well. I keep running into Elder Cooprider as well and I leave the day before him. He is definitely excited to be leaving soon I think.
 
So this week was good! Sunday really is an amazing day. I love sacrament meeting and the devotionals that we have here at the MTC,. This week's devotional was quite amusing because the speaker made several jokes and made fun of a lot of missionaries (in a loving manner). I don't know how to say it in a nice way, but I don't think anyuone was offended at the devotional.
 
Sister Larsen is still an amazing companion. She works so hard and is always checking on me to make sure that I am doing well. I love her and know she is going to do great things!
 
So one of the investigators that we have been teaching (it is semi-real. We meet him in the Teaching Resource Center), named George, is one of the most amazing old men. He just lost his leg a year ago because of a blood clot and becuase of that has found a lot of faith in Heavenly Father. He knows he is supposed to be baptized, but is worried about hurting his marriage because his wife isn't supportive about it. He asked us at the end of the lesson if we honestly believed he would get baptized, and instead of telling him yes or no, I just expressed my love for him and Heavenly Father's love for him. He really is an amazing man, and I have come to love him just in a couple short visits. I think he will get baptized someday. I think he just needs to take that leap of faith and do it because he knows everything is true.
 
I am really excited to get to California. The MTC has been a wonderful experience and I have learned a lot, but I am eager to start teaching more people. I leave next Tuesday early in the morning. I am allowed to call home from the airport, so be prepared for a phone call!
 
So Peder was wondering what the MTc was like. I will give a brief explanation of a typical day at the MTC.
6:00 gym for the sisters only. There is aerobics, yoga, etc.
6:30 wake up / prepare for the day
7 Breakfast
7:30 Class
10:30 Personal Study
11:30 Lunch
12:25 Gym/Prepare after
1:25 Personal Study, TRC, etc
4:30 Dinner
5:15 Class
8:15 Distric Study/Zone Teaching
9:00 Daily Planning
9:30 Prepare for bed/comp inventory/comp prayer
10:15 quiet time
10:30 Lights out
 
Peder, your schedule will have a lot less personal study because of the language and will probably be quite different, but that is an example of my day. The class and gym times move around quite a bit, but we always have them.
´
Preparation day is obviously differrent and my favorite part is the temple. I just got back from the temple and I love it. It is such a blessing to be able to go every week here at the MTC. I realized that I have been able to go to the temple every week since I first took out my endowments, which is a wonderful thing!
 
Life is so good! I love being here and know that Heavenly Father wants and needs me here. I am working on giving Heavenly Father 100% every day because that is what he deserves. I know that I can do that if I pray for help!
 
So I haven´t heard from Poul, Geoff, Johanna, or Dad. How are you all doing I want to hear from you! Send a letter or dearelder me! I heard a little about your games Geoff! Keep up the good work! Poul, you owe me a letter! Dad, how are you doing. I am doing well! Don´t worry about me too much!
 
Thank you for all the letters and support! Thank you for your love and prayers! I love you all!
 
I don´t know when I will email next week because I fly out on my MTC p day but I will send you one as soon as I can. Love you!
 
The Church is true. Jesus Christ lives. He is my Savior and yours too. The plan of happiness is such a blessing. The knowledge of the plan is truly a blessing as well! I love you all so much!
 
Love, Sister Schillemat

No comments:

Post a Comment